As one of the most essential aspects of manufacturing, FDA compliant pumps are specifically designed for the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic industries. These sectors rely on contaminant-free handling of ingredients. No matter your industry, it is important that the equipment used throughout the process guarantees safe production. Improperly handled materials can result in health hazards, costly company shutdowns, and loss of consumer trust. March Pumps is a trusted producer of FDA compliant pumps that guarantee safe and effective operation.
What Does FDA Compliant Mean?
The Food & Drug Administration (FDA) is an agency of the US Department of Health. They are responsible for regulating the safety of food, beverages, drugs, cosmetics, and biological products. In order to protect consumers, the FDA establishes federal regulations for the equipment and materials involved in these processes.
FDA compliant equipment can safely come into direct contact with food and drug products. These pieces of machinery are made of high-quality materials, also known as food contact substances, that are safe for end-users. The agency goes through a comprehensive procedure to guarantee safety, including the identification of material properties, purity standards, and limitations of each material.
All storage, manufacturing, packaging, and transportation operations must utilize FDA compliant equipment. This ensures that consumer products are not exposed to any toxic components.
Why Does It Matter If a Part Is FDA Compliant?
FDA specifications determine which materials are safe for use in food and drug processing. Along with specific materials, the agency recommends temperature ranges, acidity levels, and moisture contents for guaranteed performance. It is also important for materials to hold up to the harsh environments involved in sanitization steps. FDA compliance ensures that equipment will not leach out any harmful chemicals, even if it is exposed to hot or acidic materials.
All food and drug equipment manufacturers must follow hygienic design specifications. While it might be cheaper and easier to integrate non-compliant parts into food equipment, it could also cause harm to the end user and even open up the possibility of lawsuits. These non-compliant materials could emit toxic materials and expose consumers to a variety of health hazards. Furthermore, if equipment cannot properly handle the manufacturing process, it will result in disruption of flow, production downtime, loss of revenue, and environmental impacts.
FDA compliant equipment and parts are essential because they follow set guidelines for how materials can be used safely. To ensure compliance and consumer safety, the FDA conducts periodic inspections of food and drug manufacturing processes. Any instances of non-compliance can result in fines, lawsuits, and even shutdowns.
March Pumps that Are FDA Compliant
Magnetic drive centrifugal pumps, offered by March Pumps, are used throughout the food and drug industries. These machines are economical to purchase, install, and operate. Furthermore, their simple design makes them easy to maintain and clean – a necessity in food production. Centrifugal pumps can hold large volumes and pump at the elevated flow rates required by manufacturers.
Engineered to function reliably with little maintenance, March Pumps has a variety of mag-drive centrifugal pumps for your needs. Constructed from Polypropylene, Kynar, Ryton, or 316 Stainless Steel our FDA compliant pumps can handle temperatures up to 250F and flow rates ranging up to 200 gallons/min. The robust construction also ensures prevention of bacterial growth and effective resistance to a variety of chemicals.
March pumps handle food and drug processing demands while keeping costs low for manufacturers. Explore our FDA compliant pumps for safe and effective food, drug, and cosmetic handling below. Note: Almost all of our pumps can be made with FDA compliant materials.
|Max Flow||3 GPM||9 LPM|
|Max Head||4.6 FT||1 M|
|Max Flow||18 GPM||60.5 LPM|
|Max Head||29 FT||6.3 M|
|Max Flow||53 GPM||180 LPM|
|Max Head||60 FT||12.3 M|
Disclaimer: These pumps, or any pumps, may have been modified to have all the materials be FDA compliant
What Sets March Pumps Apart from the Rest?
Food grade diaphragm pumps are used in some applications across the food and beverage industry. However, these are not always appropriate because hot liquids interfere with the diaphragm, leading to contamination and more difficult cleaning processes. Even the best diaphragm pumps cannot withstand the high temperatures that centrifugal pumps are capable of handling.
The versatility of March Pumps’ magnetic drive centrifugal pumps makes them useful in a wide range of applications. Mag-drive pumps have no shaft seal or possibility of leakage. In addition, the impeller freely rides on a shaft between the pump housings and is the only moving part that touches the liquid. This specially engineered construction eliminates the problems and high costs associated with mechanical seals.
March Pumps’ FDA compliant pumps are the clear choice for the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic industries. Some factors that set March Pumps apart from the rest are:
- Low-maintenance: Convenient, seal-free design makes cleaning easier than ever. March pumps are engineered to run for years without the need for repairs or replacement. Not only will this prevent unnecessary hassle, but it will save you valuable time and money.
- Reliability: Pumps are relied upon to work long operational hours in food and drug production facilities. Central to the manufacturing process, these machines must provide consistent performance. March Pump centrifugal pumps are capable of reliably pumping large volumes of liquid at flow rates ranging from 5 – 200 gallons/minute.
- Leak-free design: Any leaks run the risk of contaminating food or drug production. Our magnetic drive pumps operate without seals, eliminating the chance of escaped process fluids.
- FDA compliant materials: March pumps are constructed of high-quality stainless steel, polypropylene, Kynar, and Ryton. These FDA compliant materials can handle the high temperature and acidity of manufacturing processes without leaching any harmful substances.
- Affordability: In addition to cleanliness, food and drug companies must remain profitable. Our pumps are more cost-effective than other products on the market due to minimized waste, downtime, and repairs.
- Flexibility: March pumps are compatible with a wide range of process fluids in food and drug manufacturing. They are capable of handling different temperatures, viscosities, and types of liquids.
- Chemical resistance: Our pumps can handle a variety of cleaning treatments. In food and drug applications, routine cleaning is often necessary to reduce the presence of bacteria. Chemical resistance is required to handle these sanitization chemicals.
Common Applications and Industries Requiring FDA Compliant Pumps
Non-toxic, leak-free liquid handling is necessary in a variety of industries. FDA compliant pumps are used in applications throughout food and beverage processing, such as:
- Canned goods
- Beverage manufacturing
- Cooking oils
- Sauces and condiments
- Home brewing
- Refrigeration of food products
- Ingredient injection
- Product transfer
FDA compliant pumps can also be found throughout the personal care industry. Any cosmetic product you can imagine utilizes pumps for safe and effective manufacturing. This includes the production of soap, shampoo, perfumes, petroleum jelly, and antiseptics.
Pharmaceutical companies constantly innovate to ensure their equipment guarantees efficient and contaminant-free production. Industrial FDA pumps are used in various processes to transport liquids from one part of the facility to another. Without pumps, manufacturers would not be able to achieve the distillation, sterilization, crystallization, drying, or degassing necessary to produce medications. Many medical systems also take advantage of FDA compliant pumps.
Food and drug facilities are constantly watched to ensure that they produce safe products for end users. These industries require pumps that can handle materials at high temperatures, ensure contaminant-free processing, and withstand regular cleaning. Furthermore, these pumps must be FDA compliant to avoid endangering consumers and subsequent lawsuits. March pumps are known for their low-maintenance, reliable operation, and leak-free design. Contact us today for assistance selecting the right FDA compliant pump for your needs.